NorCal Brew Fest, August 5 at the Sonoma County Fair
Unlimited Tastes of Over 50 Beers and Ciders, Plus All the Fun of the Fair!
An ice-cold brew is not an unusual thing to enjoy at the Sonoma County Fair…but unlimited tastes of over 50 beers and ciders is! The Sonoma County Fair is excited to announce the inaugural NorCal Brew Fest, coming to the Fairgrounds in Santa Rosa, August 5 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm—right in the midst of the 2017 Sonoma County Fair!
The first-ever NorCal Brew Fest is a competition AND a festival of taste sensation…providing beer makers from across the country the chance to shine and beer lovers the chance to savor. Plus, admission to the Sonoma County Fair and a free commemorative mug is included in ticket purchase…so you can feel the trackside thrill of Wine Country Horse Racing, play cornhole and Giant Jenga, listen to FREE live music, enjoy all the exhibits & so much more!
“For decades Sonoma County has been known as a premier wine destination,” says Sheila Quince, Exhibits Coordinator for the Sonoma County Fair. “However, we love beer too. So, we’re inviting all breweries and cideries in the United States to celebrate our love of beer with us.”
On May 6, 2017, the inaugural NorCal Brew Competition kicked off with the judging of over 160 entries. Best of Show went to Heretic Brewing Company of Fairfield, CA for their Heretic IPA #6. Gold medal winners in each division were:
- HenHouse Brewing of Santa Rosa, CA – HenHouse STOKED! – Pale American Ale
- Station 26 Brewing Co. of Denver, CO – American Copper – Amber & Brown American Beer
- South Gate Brewing Company of Oakhurst, CA – Brooklyn Imperial Stout – American Porter & Stout
- Heretic Brewing Company of Fairfield, CA – Heretic IPA #6 – IPA
- South Gate Brewing Company of Oakhurst, CA – Bob Barley – Strong American Ale
- Garage Brewing Co. of Murrieta, CA – The Tow Truck – Trappist Ale
- Crystal Springs Brewing Company of Louisville, CO – Cherry Saison – Fruit Beer
- California Cider Company of Sebastopol, CA – Ace Perry Hard Cider – Standard Cider and Perry
- Heretic Brewing Company of Fairfield, CA – Strawberry Agony – American Wild Ale
- South Gate Brewing Company of Oakhurst, CA – Oaktown Pecan Brown – Spiced Beer
- Island Brewing Company of Carpinteria, CA – Bourbon Barrel Aged Rigamarole Double Brown Ale – Wood Beer
- South Park Brewing LLC of Fairplay, CO – Milk Stout – Dark British Beer
- Wormtown Brewery of Worchester, MA – Irish Red – Irish Beer
- Benoit Casper Brewing Co. of Richmond, CA – AL Ten Amber – Amber Bitter European Beer
- Garage Brewing Co. of Murrieta, CA – Golden Helles Lager – Pale Malty European Lager
- Island Brewing Company of Carpinteria, CA – Tropical Lager – Standard American Beer
Many of the winners will feature tastings at the NorCal Brew Fest at the Sonoma County Fair. Visit NorCalBrewFest.com for information on participating breweries from the competition.
Tickets ($45 now or $55 after August 2) are available at SonomaCountyFair.com for the inaugural NorCal Brew Fest on August 5 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm. You may also purchase tickets at the Box Office, located at 1350 Bennett Valley Road in Santa Rosa. Pre-Fair Box Office hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. Tickets are not available by phone.
Every day is a holiday during “Holidaze at the Sonoma County Fair!” Get ready to celebrate from August 3 – August 13. You won’t want to miss this year’s FREE Community Concert Series, the thrill of live horse racing, excitement of an ALL NEW giant carnival, nostalgia of “Holidays in Bloom” themed flower show, live entertainment, incredible food, fun contests, new games and more. For details, visit SonomaCountyFair.com or call (707) 545-4200. Like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter to keep up with the fun. See you at the Fair!